10.31.2013

happy halloween!




Happy Halloween, ya'll! I've talked about my love for this holiday before. This year I was extra excited because I knew I'd have a little one to dress up. And, if I may say so myself, baby C's costume was a success. Even though he looks less than thrilled, I think he made one cute caterpillar. Yesterday, when I had yet to even start pulling it together, I was slightly cursing my snobbery about Halloween costumes. Handmade only around here, no store bought. My mother is responsible for this. She made our costumes every year, thus the snobbery. Somewhat similar to my Christmas tree snobbery. I take Halloween pretty seriously. And apparently so does my new neighborhood. These people commit! Houses were all decked out and the trick-or-treaters came out in droves. Everyone sits outside their doors, hanging out and chit chatting. We drastically underestimated how much candy we would need, but it was great. Our little Jack-o-Lantern family made me smile. I am so happy to be starting traditions with C. I suppose if I do my job right he'll also be a costume snob.

No comments:

Post a Comment