10.31.2012

happy halloween


Happy Halloween, ya'll! I love Halloween. Love it. It is one of my favorite holidays. Growing up, our house was the absolute best house in the whole neighborhood. My mom always went all out. Scary music, awesome decorations, homemade costumes, the whole bit. Fun fact: one year my mom dressed my brother up as a flasher complete with trench coat and black socks and dress shoes. When our neighbors opened their doors, he whipped open his coat... to show that he was wearing a sign that said "Boo!" on top of his shorts and t-shirt.

It is unfortunate that today I am quite under the weather. Sick enough that I simply drew the face I wanted on my jack-o-lantern and husband carved it for me. Sad.

The above picture shows husband waiting patiently for the trick-or-treaters. And yes, I do believe his cheeks are full of candy. We didn't get many visitors and are pretty sure that some people snubbed our place outright. I'm talking to you, Captain America. We saw you at our neighbors. Was there something wrong with our decorations? We are not pleased, not pleased at all. We have a glowing pirate skeleton coming out of the ground. What about that doesn't scream, "we have candy"?

No comments:

Post a Comment