9.05.2012

good read




















Do you read thrillers? And I don't mean Pretty Little Liars. Ahem. Amy. I am kind of a wuss and this is not a genre I tend to reach for. However, I have the utmost appreciation for authors who can pen a good thriller. A good thriller is one that gives me the willies and makes my stomach tense up in anticipation. I just finished Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I could not put this book down. Dark Places is the story of Libby Day and the gruesome murder of her mother and sisters when she was a child. Her brother is in jail for the crime. But is he really the killer? Dunh dunh dunh. The story is told by Libby, now in her thirties, and in flashback by her mother and her brother. The truth unravels slowly, one bit at a time. At the start of the book I really disliked Libby, but as it went on I was hoping and praying she'd make it through the end. Good stuff, good read.

If you do like thrillers also check out Tana French's novels. Her characters are awesome.


Image: Sullivan Farm House by Gary Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment