9.15.2012

bucket list

 
Seeing the aurora borealis (Northern Lights) is on my bucket list. My list is very informal. I don't have anything written down and and many of the things on my list I keep to myself. Not everything in life is meant to be shared, ya know?

In my experience, checking things off a bucket list is sometimes just a simple "Check! Done." Other times it is a truly amazing feeling. As long as I live I'll never forget arriving in Florence and walking toward The Duomo for the first time. I felt such joy. I can't think of another word to describe it but joy. Tears were in my eyes and I just kept thinking "I am so amazed to be here."

To me, a bucket list should entail seeing and doing things that make you pause and appreciate the wonder that there is in this world. Because I think that if you are living life right then the beauty in this world should be cause for amazement. Not all the time and certainly not every day, but sometimes.

I hope the world makes your breath catch every once in awhile.

What's on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment