4.27.2012

egg sandwich

Is there anything sadder than sitting alone on a Friday night with nothing but an egg sandwich for dinner? (Ok, yes there is. I just spent 5 minutes trying to decide if 'sadder' is a real word. Yay for journalism school.) I've had to learn to deal with being alone a lot this year. And while I generally enjoy my own time at the end of a long week and, as an introvert, need alone time to recharge... sometimes ya know what? Being alone makes me feel lonely. 

Relocating is hard. And relocating without your husband by your side? Frankly my dears, it sucks big time. Real, real big time.

I don't regret our decision to do this. I know it will get better. But there are days when I miss husband so bad it hurts, and I miss my friends, and a boring egg sandwich makes a lonely Friday night even more sad (er, sadder... I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment