2.24.2013

winter blues



I have the winter blues bad, bad, bad this year. I think perhaps the worst ever. The gray days are seeming to stretch on endlessly. Yesterday I cried to husband, "Were the winters this gray in Virginia? I honestly can't remember."

But I feel the time has come to overcome. Today I threw off my sweatpants and took myself into the city. I treated myself to lunch and an afternoon at the Rosenbach Museum & Library. Just the act of getting out of the house helped. The cold wind kept creeping into my collar but it felt nice to walk around people watching and admiring the row homes near Rittenhouse.

I hope to soon feel more like myself. The days will get sunnier and so will my outlook. Hope all my loved ones are combatting their own versions of the winter blues as best they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment