6.12.2012

good read






















Writer Cheryl Strayed has a way with words. I first came across Cheryl's words in her Dear Sugar column on The Rumpus. She gives advice about everything under the sun, but mostly the hard and gritty stuff. The stuff that causes hollow feelings inthe chest and aches in the heart. To be honest, I  had never put much stock in advicecolumns (the image of Dear Abby always comes to mind). But Cheryl's words of advice are different. They are beautiful, touching, comforting words. I read one entry in particular that caused tears to course like a river down my face.

I just finished Cheryl's memoir, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. This lady has been through some tough stuff, that's for sure. Pick this book up. You won't regret it.

And thanks to this book I now have the desire to go on a wilderness hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment