6.11.2012

war horse



Have you seen War Horse yet? If not, do yourself a favor and rent it this weekend. It had been so long since I had seen a Spielberg film that, quite honestly, I had forgotten what a genius he is. I had forgotten the magic that he brings to his films. There was one shot in particular that caused me to just let out a breath of appreciation as I was watching. The shots he gets, the angles he uses, and the perfect symmetry. I love Spielberg films because I always feels like I am watching them with wide eyes.

You don't have to be a horse lover to enjoy War Horse. If you are a horse lover and perhaps overly emotional and get way too invested in movies like yours truly, well, then prepare yourself. Husband looked at me straight in the face at one point and said quite frankly, "You NEED to get a grip and get yourself together. It is just a movie." I realize that I have borderline irrational reactions to movies (and books too) but don't say I didn't warn you...

No comments:

Post a Comment