7.25.2013

the big jump

These days it feels like I'm going a million miles a minute and playing a waiting game all at once.

Rushing around to pack, to plan, to move. My to-do list never seems to get shorter. Once I've crossed one thing off another one appears. I have to set reminders on my iPhone or everything or else I'm afraid that all the tasks that need to get done will be forgotten, a victim of pregnancy brain.

On the other hand I'm waiting for our baby. I'm waiting for our baby. There's a lot that comes with that statement. I'm not ready in the least bit, but still there's this sense of waiting to see how it all plays out. Questions running through my mind ranging in subjects from what kind of diapers to how the heck do I breast feed to what happens if my water breaks at work to how do we find a day care to dearGodamIgoingtobeagoodmother. You see what I mean? I'm waiting to find out the answers to these questions. Although not sure if that last one will ever really get answered. Guess I just gotta hope I raise a kid smart enough not to get a tattoo of a shamrock or a Chinese symbol.

The big jump comes soon. Wish me luck. I'm going to be a mom. Holy shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment