10.30.2012

i'm blaming it on the hurricane

I think Hurricane Sandy brought a whole lotta funk my way. Today was one of those days. Oh yes it was. One of those days with a bright moment of clarity that you know - you just know - you are not going to handle it well. And it sets in a moment of panic because you are aware that there's no stopping it, not as hard as you try.

To all those men out there who have stared, silently, in complete wonder while their wives take gasping sobs and tell you they have no idea what is wrong.... I salute you. To all those men who hug their wives tight and rub their backs while they spew forth a babble of blubbering words (most of the "words" not even sounding like they come from any language at all unless you count hysterics as its own language)... I salute you. To all those men who manage to deal with this and still have the hots for their wives... I salute you even more.

Today was one of those days. So I'm blaming it all on Sandy.

That bitch.



P.S. I realize that not every female has a little friend in their life called anxiety. Count yourself lucky if the above experience does not apply to you. But you are going to continue to read about my experiences because, well, this is my blog. Everything ain't sunshine and rainbows all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment