5.20.2012

doubt

Doubt is the worst, eh? At least, in my estimation it is. I have a horrible relationship with doubt. It creeps in more often than I'd like and probably even more often than I'd like to admit. Slowly, stealthily it slips in and makes its appearance known when I thought all was going quite well. After the fact, after I realize it is there, I am able to see that it had been creeping in for a few days or weeks.

Unfortunately, for me, doubt is nothing new. If I am being honest, (and tonight it appears that I am) I can be quite hard on myself. But when doubt is the worst, when it causes a sick feeling in my stomach and a tightening in my chest, it makes me doubt my decisions. And that is when I get sad, mad, and frustrated all at the same time.

Doubt really is a bastard if you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment