5.16.2012

dear philadelphia


Dear City of Brotherly Love,

You are weird. In fact, very weird.

Sure, the steps at Suburban Station smell like pee and the alley next to Cafe Loftus smells like something died. Sure, sometimes the homeless people yell at you for not giving them change. And sure, I'm terrified that a pigeon is going to poop on my head.

But every morning I look forward to hearing that same blind man belt out God Bless America. And last week a drum lined walked down the street. There's that man that rolls around Center City on roller blades playing the trumpet. And today I watched some impromptu break dancing on the sidewalk.

Will I ever get used to seeing the things I see every day? Will I get to a point where I just blow by them without a thought? I hope not.

City of Brotherly Love, you sure are weird. But I love you.

xoxo,
Julia


P.S. But dear lord, that alley by Cafe Loftus makes me want to vomit every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment