3.13.2012

dreaming of the big easy



Husband and I visited Bayou Bakery in Arlington on Saturday. The second I stepped inside I was wishing I was in New Orleans. I love that city. I love the people, the music, the food, the architecture and, most of all, the living, breathing personality of New Orleans. The people there are so proud to call it their home. And, good gracious, did I mention the food?!

Visiting New Orleans was a turning point for me, I think. It was when I realized I wanted to move from D.C. More on that tomorrow, perhaps? But, for now, I am dreaming of my next trip to New Orleans. Until then, I will have to make visits to Bayou Bakery and have more disastrous love affairs with some beignets.


P.S. How awesome is the Save our Shores beer from Abita Brewery? Beer as big as my head and the proceeds go to a good cause? Sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment