2.07.2012

Happy Birthday to Erika



Erika. Sometimes I find it hard to describe her. Do you ever find that with the people closest to you? Words sometimes fail when trying to talk about someone who has seen almost every facet of you.

Erika's check book is always balanced, her bed is always made, and she's never late. I pretty much fail at all of those things. I've often asked Erika if she could run my life for me. So far, it's a no go on that one.

There are many reasons I love Erika. How she is always the first one to say "that's awesome!" when you tell her even the mildest of good news, her love of popcorn for dinner, her willingness to always try something new, the way she jumps-up-and-down-one-arm-in-a fist-pump-dances when she gets really into a song, how she includes me as part of her family. There are a multitude of reasons. But what I love most is that, even though I'm her opposite in most ways, she makes me feel like I am the way I am supposed to be.

Happy Birthday, Doodle! Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment